Within the "Users profiles" panel, you can create
new users and edit existing profiles and statuses. You can
registration requests, view the list of
all users, and the users
you created. You can also create
custom user properties if you wish to have some additional fields when
registering new users, and these fields will be visible on the user's profiles.
- Accessing the page
To access the "User profiles" page, you should hover
over the "Users" tab in the main menu and then
select the "User profiles" option.
- List of all users
The table in this section contains a list of all users in the system, and
here you can:
- View user profiles by clicking on their username.
- Change user status by:
- Selecting the users whose status you want to change.
- Click the "Set status to" button and select one of
the following statuses:
- "Active" - users with the status "Active" can access
and use the application.
Note: When you change the user's status to "Active", the system will send the user an email with a
new generic password. If you want to customize the email notifications
that the user will receive upon status changes, please visit
Note: If a user occasionally uses the application, you can reactivate his account
(even though the user has the status "Active") and
reset user's password; the user will receive an email with a username and a new generic password.
- "Suspended" - When the administrator prohibits a user from entering the application, the user gets the status "Suspended".
The system will save the user's data and statistics, which will be visible if the case account is reactivated.
- "Locked" - A user who cannot enter the system because it has typed in the wrong password several times gets the status
"Locked." The user can unlock the account by entering the correct password, but in that case, will need to create a new password afterward.
If you cannot remember the previous password, click the "Forgot password" button, a system will send a new password to the user's email address.
After the password change, the user can log in.
Note: The administrator can also lock the user's account,
in which case the user will have to create a new password the next time he logs in.
This option ensures the accounts' security.
- "Inactive"- Deactivate the user profile. The user whose profile gets deactivated is excluded from processing in the
system until his account gets activated again.
- See the list of inactive users by clicking "Show inactive users."
- You can export a list of all users in Excel or PDF files
by clicking the "Export" icon.
Note: You can't add a user who already exists. If in your Excel file is a user(s) who already exists,
then the complete operation will be aborted(any user from the file won't be uploaded).
Also, you can load users from an Excel file by following these
- Click the "Load users" button.
- Select an Excel template -
You can choose between:
template - the default and recommended option for uploading users
into YouTestMe GetCertified.This template contains all the fields, and it is fully compatible with GetCertified.
template if your institution uses the Agile system, export your users from it and import them into GetCertified.
- Click on the hyperlink text "Excel template" to download an Excel template that you should fill in with the user data.
- Add an Excel file with user data by clicking the "Select
- Click the "Upload" button to load users into
- Users created by me
The table "List of my users" displays a list of users created by you. You can change
their statuses to "Active", "Suspended", "Locked"
or "Inactive" by :
- Selecting the users whose statuses you want to change.
- Click the "Set status to" button and choose the desired status.
On this screen, you can approve or decline user registration
requests. Users will receive an email notifying them if the
registration request is approved or not.
To approve or decline user registration request, follow these
The registration requests option is available only if the administrator needs to approve the registration, i.e., if the self-registration option is not enabled.
For more information, visit
Signing in and Registration.
Create a new user
- Select the user whose request you want to approve or
- Click the "Actions" button and choose the
On this page, you can manually add a new user.
A new user's profile is created by entering user's personal information, a password, uploading a profile picture, and assigning a
The system will notify new users by email that their profile is created.
To add a new user, you should do the following:
- Upload the user's profile picture. Supported file types are
JPG, JPEG, PNG, BMP, and the maximum size is 100MB.
- If you upload the wrong photo, you can delete it by clicking on the "Trash can" icon.
- By activating "Basic info only," you will see only the user's username, password and expiration date,
role, status, time zone, name, and email.
- Enter the username that will be unique for each user, and it cannot be changed.
- Choose the desire option. "Generated"- User receives a generated password or "Manually inserted"- You create a password.
- Enter a password.
- Confirm the entered password.
- Set the expiration date for the password. The system will remind the user when to change the password.
- Set the user's role in the system. You can choose between the predefined roles or make your own. Please visit the New
role help section to see how to create a custom security role. For more information, visit Roles and permissions.
- Select the user's account status:
The administrator can change user status at any time and view user details regardless of the current user status.
- "Active" - for all users who can log into the system with their username and password.
- "Suspended" - for all users who are prohibited from entering the system by an administrator.
- "Locked" - for all users who cannot enter the system because they have typed in the wrong password several times.
The only way users with a locked status can enter the system again is to change their password. For more information, visit Forgot password procedure .
- Set the Time zone according to the user's current place of residence.
- Enter the user's external ID used for integration with external systems.
- Enter the Employee ID used for integration with external systems.
- Enter Data source - save the source for which you entered the user data.
- Add a new user into a group by clicking the "Plus" button.
- Enter the first name.
- Enter the middle name.
- Enter the last name.
- Enter the user's email address.
- Enter the user's date of birth.
- Select gender.
- Enter the user's phone number.
- Enter the user's affiliation, e.g., Military, Government, etc.
It is just a descriptional field and does not cause any application changes.
- Enter the user's street address.
- Enter the city.
- Enter the state/province.
- Enter the country.
- Enter the zip-code.
- Enter the license expiration date.
- Click the "Save"
button to confirm the entered information.
- Click the "Cancel"
button to discard.
Please note that some of the fields are mandatory (fields marked with *).
Custom user properties
Note: Here, the user can see
all personal information only if the privacy mode is
inactive. Otherwise, only a first, middle, and last name, an email,
and custom user properties will be visible. Users
can enable/disable this option in Additional
Custom user properties are used to define and record users' additional information, e.g., department, organization, etc.
Custom user properties are visible on the user profile.
When the user creates a custom user property and enables it, it will be visible under the user's personal information.
You can add up to 15 custom properties in the following types:
- Yes / No
- Dropdown - to create a dropdown property, first you must create a custom type for it by following the custom types instructions.
To add new custom user property, follow these steps:
- Click the "Create new" button.
- Enter the name of the new property.
- Enter a description of the new property.
- Choose the type of custom property from the dropdown menu.
- Click the "Save" button if you want to confirm the changes or the "Cancel" button if you want to cancel
You can see the number of
available properties representing the remaining number of custom columns you can create in the picture below. By enabling/disabling
the custom property, you can control the column's visibility on the user profile page.
If a custom column is disabled, all stored values in the property are saved but not displayed.
To edit an existing custom user property, follow these steps:
- Click the "Pencil" icon.
- Edit name and/or description.
- Click the "Save" button
to confirm the or the "Cancel" button to cancel them.
Also, you can delete custom property following these steps:
- Click the "Trash can" icon.
- Confirm by clicking the "Yes"
button in the confirmation dialog box, or cancel by clicking the