- Accessing the page
Once you sign in, the "My assignments" shortcut will
be displayed in the "Quick Actions" menu. If you wish to
access it from another page, you can click on the "My
assignments" tab in the main menu.
You can also access the assignments by clicking on the "My
assignments" tab on the My profile
- Displaying and filtering
You can filter the assignments you want to be displayed by
type. The default option shows all assignment types, but you can
- "Training courses"
Also, you can sort your assignments by the following orders:
- "Available first" - shows the assignments
available for taking first.
- "Self-enrollment first" - first shows the
assignments with an open-access, where users can enroll
- "Newest first" - shows the newest assignments
- "Oldest first" - shows the oldest assignments
- "With certificates first" - first shows the
assignments for which a certificate is obtained.
- "A → Z" - displays the assignments in
- "A ← Z" - displays the assignments in
reverse alphabetical order.
Your assignments can also be filtered by status, which refers
to their availability. The default filter shows currently available
assignments, but you can choose between any of the following:
- "Any" - displays all assignments.
- "Available" - displays only active
assignments that are available for taking.
- "Upcoming" - displays scheduled upcoming
- "Pending" - displays the assignments that have not been completed or need to be evaluated
by the assignment manager.
- "Completed" - displays the completed assignments with their reports and the ones that can
be retaken or continued if allowed.
- "Suspended or expired" - displays the
assignments that have been suspended by the assignment manager
and are no longer active or those whose testing session has
If you want to find the particular assignments, enter a
keyword from their name in the search bar.
You can see the assignment details by clicking "Details"
in the top-right corner.
You can choose which columns will be displayed in the table of
assignments by selecting them from the "Displayed
columns" menu in the detailed view.
Actions that can be performed in the "Actions" column
- "Continue" - continue the assignment you
- "Start" - start the assignment assigned to
- "Previous attempts" - see your previous
attempts for this assignment.
- "Show reports" - see your report.
The lists of assignments can be exported in the following
You can see the details of previously attempted assignments by
clicking the "Open previous attempts" option.
You can take an available test, a survey, or a training course by
clicking the "Start" button.
Note: For more information about the test-taking and training taking process,
please visit Taking a test and Taking a training course.
If you have already started and paused a test, a survey, or a
training course, you can continue it by clicking the "Continue"
The personal report of a completed test, a survey, or a training course
can be accessed by clicking the "Report" button.
Assignments can have the following statuses:
- "Continue" - previously paused assignments
that can be continued.
- "Self-enrollment" - assignments with an
open-access, where users can enroll themselves.
- "Proctoring mode" - assignments monitored by
- "Expired" - assignments whose defined testing
session date expired.
- "Suspended" - assignments that are no longer
available for taking because the test manager has suspended them.
Also, all previous test attempts of one assignment are marked as
- "Not finished" - assignments that have been
started but were not completed.
- "Failed" - assignments that the user failed.
- "Waiting for report" - assignments that need
to be evaluated by the assignment manager.
- "Passed" - assignments that the user passed.